Pinterest is a very popular social media site and is a great stage for authors to present their platforms. However, when you are marketing your books, you need to keep your eyes on book sales! I’m going to share some tips about Pinterest marketing for authors. When you promote books on Pinterest, you should take every opportunity to drive users back to your Amazon book page, the iBookstore, or Barnes & Noble sales pages so people can quickly and easily buy your book. I will introduce some basic rules, similar to that in Facebook and Tweeter, for using Pinterest to promote books.
1. Create an author pinboard. Let people know more about you. Tell your followers and readers who you are, where you came from, and how you came to be a writer. Give them a glimpse into your world. Pin photos of your hometown, what inspires you and your writing process.
2. Stay engaged in the communication. Repin, like, and comment on other people’s Pinterest content. Follow the Pinterest boards of authors you like. Do not just present your own books. We need connection to others. The more you engage with others the more likely they are to follow and repin your content.
3. Promote the Pinterest “P”. Put the Pinterest logo on your site, blog and all the other social media, so your readers will know they can also follow you on Pinterest.
4. Use keywords. Make sure the names of your boards have catchy titles. Keep keywords into your descriptions so if someone is searching they’ll have a better shot at finding you.
5. Choose great content. Pinterest is all about the visual. Pick great pictures and videos. The better your images are the more likely you are to get a repin or like.
And if you’re on Pinterest, be sure to follow Ambassador International! We’d love to connect with you there.