Learn more about your favorite Ambassador authors with our “Five Things” series. Caitlin M. Smith is the author of her debut romantic suspense novel called “Loves Lost Star.”
Caitlin M. Smith graduated from Lock Haven University with a degree in Education. After working in schools, she took her passion for teaching to the fitness world as a personal trainer, then to the dental industry, where she spent time working as a mentor for new business team members. In 2017, she left her job as a Practice Manager of Operations to pursue her career as an author. Through her books, Caitlin aims to inspire hope, provoke thought, and demonstrate the power of God’s unconditional love. When not rendezvousing with her fictional characters, Caitlin enjoys spending time with her husband, lifting weights, and flexing her creative muscles through painting, dancing, and playing guitar.
Here are Caitlin’s “five things”:
1. I paint large flowers on canvases using acrylic paints. Each painting has a special, biblical message.
2. I thoroughly enjoy dancing. It’s as though God put rhythm in my blood, and when a good beat comes on, it’s hard for me to resist busting a move! My church does a Broadway-style Christmas musical each year, in which I have participated the past few years.
3. I love doing pull-ups. After years of weight-lifting and exercise, they are one of my favorite movements. I especially enjoy a variation called “Butterfly pull-ups”—picture a swimmer doing the butterfly while holding onto a pull-up bar, and that’s basically the movement.
4. I ran hurdles and relays as a member of the Lock Haven University track team.
5. I began college as a physics major. While I enjoy being creative, I also likes math and found the subject of physics to be quite interesting.
* * *
Cece Burbin thought she knew what love was—people using you to get what they wanted. Until she met Jason Porter. But on what should have been the happiest day of their lives, Cece wakes up on a riverbank cold, alone, and in pain. After realizing she lost her voice, Cece becomes desperate to find a way to communicate with someone that she needs help. Freeing herself, she sets off in search of the only man she has truly loved. But as she struggles to find her way back home, her past quickly begins to creep back. The gang she thought she had left behind was never that far away, and the crimes she has committed are coming back to haunt her. Can God truly love and forgive her for all she has done?
Jason is just as frantic to find his missing bride. But when he receives a note saying she left him for another man, his world is shattered. How had he missed her change of heart? Jason struggles to trust God in this heartbreak, battling uncertainty about the future he thought he had. But when he meets a strange woman who claims to be a private investigator, he discovers a clue that could change everything. Unaware that time is running out, the abandoned bridegroom sets off in search of love’s lost star.
Learn more about Caitlin’s novel HERE.