A growing Christian publishing company seeks an energetic, organized, people person with impressive administrative and back office skills. We’re looking for an Administrative Specialist/Back Office Pro to work part-time. Ambassador International publishes Christian books that change lives and we need a new team member who wants to be a part of this rapidly evolving industry. Based in beautiful Greenville, South Carolina, Ambassador works with global clients and authors around the country. We need a candidate with outstanding communication skills, a love for number crunching, suitable experience and savvy to be the back bone of day-to-day operations. Currently this position is part-time with the possibility of expanding to a full-time position for a candidate that brings excellence to the office.
The ideal candidate loves variety, is able work independently, communicates well, is super organized and does not crumple under pressure. We want a candidate interested in more than just a job–we want passion, enthusiasm and out-of-the-box thinking! Experience in small business, accounting, or publishing would be considered a plus. The ideal candidate will play an integral part in the day-to-day running and future expansion of our company.
Core responsibilities involve but are not limited to:
• Receiving and processing orders through client online portals, over the phone or through email.
• Billing and Accounts Receivable – creating invoices for orders and services provided.
• Managing additional internal companies.
• Accounts payable — managing timeliness of payments to ensure proper management of cash.
• Payroll processing.
• Tax preparation — payroll taxes, tax returns, sales tax returns.
• Coordinating with CPA.
Basic responsibilities involve but are not limited to:
• Participation in weekly staff meeting, providing input and ideas for upcoming projects, along with presenting weekly goals for your department.
• Manage procurement of all office/warehouse supplies. (Ink, paper, boxes, tape etc.)
• Dealing with any queries via phone, email and general correspondence.
• Represent the company in a professional and upbeat manner in all tasks.
• There will also be ad-hoc and project work such as you’d expect in a growing, dynamic company!
You will need:
• Strong business and finance administration knowledge.
• Accounting skills with a commitment to accuracy and accountability.
• Experienced in QuickBooks
• Proficient with Google Business Apps – Gmail, Google Docs, Word, Excel, Skype and Dropbox.
• Ability to produce business correspondence, proofread for grammar, spelling and punctuation with precision.
• WordPress and WooCommerce experience is desirable, but not mandatory.
• The desire to make a real difference in a growing company, and to have some fun along the way.
• A positive attitude and willingness to take on office duties that may not be included in this job description.
If you believe you’re the person for this position, apply via email to Tim: firstname.lastname@example.org. Along with your resume, please include a one-page cover letter that explains why we can’t live without you.
About our office:
We’re located in the Next Innovation Building with easy access onto the Swamp Rabbit Trail and a short walk through Falls Park into the heart of downtown. You’ll be in a modern, open plan working environment that is fully networked allowing you to work from your desk or the multiple conference and lounge meeting rooms, enjoy unlimited free coffee, and shower facilities should you choose to get a workout in the park in before or after work.