What is a Director of Making it Happen? Glad you asked! We’re seeking an energetic, organized, people person with impressive forward thinking marketing and sales skills. Ambassador International publishes Christian books that change lives and we need a new team member who wants to be a part of this rapidly evolving industry. We need a candidate with outstanding communication skills, suitable experience and savvy to market, promote and sell our authors and titles. Position will start out part-time with the possibility of expanding to a full-time for a candidate that brings excellence to the office.
The ideal candidate loves variety, is able work independently and in a team, communicates well and is super organized. We want a candidate interested in more than just a job–we want passion, enthusiasm and out-of-the-box thinking! Experience in small business, marketing firm or publishing would be considered a plus. The ideal candidate will play an integral part in the future growth of our company.
Core responsibilities involve but are not limited to:
• Creating and implementing launch and sales strategies for new titles.
• Working with COO and Publicist on key title campaigns.
• Growing a loyal social media following that converts to website traffic and sales.
• Marketing and promoting direct to consumer sales.
• Generating project sales leads.
• Generating potential author leads.
• Monitoring industry and market trends.
• Strategizing and targeting growth in non-retail markets.
• Assisting Publisher and COO on a project by project basis.
• Assisting in coordinating author events along with being a liaison between authors and other staff members.
Basic responsibilities involve but are not limited to:
• Dealing with any queries via phone, email and general correspondence along with meeting, greeting and settling clients into the office when they visit.
• Participation in weekly staff meeting, providing input and ideas for upcoming projects, along with presenting weekly goals for your department.
• Represent the company in a professional and upbeat manner in all tasks.
• There will also be ad-hoc and project work such as you’d expect in a growing, dynamic company!
You will need:
• Business, sales, marketing and social media experience.
• Hands on knowledge with WordPress platform.
• WooCommerce experience is desirable, but not mandatory.
• Proficient with Google Business Apps – Gmail, Google Docs, Word, Excel, Skype, Slack and Dropbox.
• Business/Brand experience for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Google+. Competent using programs or third party applications like Hootsuite or Buffer.
• Ability to produce business correspondence, proofread for grammar, spelling and punctuation with precision.
• Some copywriting experience is desirable, but not mandatory.
• The desire to make a real difference in a growing company, and to have some fun along the way.
• A positive attitude and willingness to take on office duties that may not be included in this job description.
If you believe you’re the person for this position, apply by emailing Tim at firstname.lastname@example.org. Along with your resume, please include a one-page cover letter that explains why we can’t live without you.
About our office:
We’re located in the Next Innovation Building with easy access onto the Swamp Rabbit Trail and a short walk through Falls Park into the heart of downtown. You’ll be in a modern, open plan working environment that is fully networked allowing you to work from your desk or the multiple conference and lounge meeting rooms, enjoy unlimited free coffee, and shower facilities should you choose to get a workout in the park in before or after work.