THE TYPE OF INFORMATION THE WEBSITE COLLECTS
We collect and store your personal information when you create an account or sign up to receive our e-newsletter. When creating an account, we ask you for your first and last name, your mailing address, e-mail address, and phone number.
Our servers may also automatically collect information about your computer when you visit the Website, including without limitation the type of browser software you use, the operating system you are running, the website that referred you, and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address. Your IP address is usually associated with the place from which you enter the Internet, like your Internet Service Provider, your company or your university. Also we may collect navigational information to help us better understand how users navigate our site. This information helps us make the website easier to use. We will never share any of your personal information with an outside entity.
To have your e-mail address removed from our list of addresses that receive information about new products, services, sales, and promotions, simply click on the “Unsubscribe” link that appears at the bottom of any e-mail you’ve received from us and follow the simple instructions.
As you know, web is now all about the conversation. Below are a few simple ground rules to prevent the conversation from turning into a shouting match that discourages others from entering into the fray. By posting on our blog, and product pages you agree to the following:
- You may post follow-up questions. If you have a question, chances are you are not alone. Others are likely thinking similarly. Therefore, we would rather receive your comments on our blog than via email. It is a better use of our time to address everyone at once rather than answer several similar emails.
- You may disagree with us. We welcome debate. However, I ask that if you disagree with us or anyone else, for that matter—do so in a way that is respectful. In our opinion, there is way too much shouting in the public square to tolerate it here.
- We reserve the right to delete your comments. This is our blog. We don’t have an obligation to publish your comments. The First Amendment gives you the right to express your opinions on your blog not mine. Specifically, we will delete your comments if you post something that is, in our sole opinion, (a) snarky; (b) off-topic; (c) libelous, defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, profane, pornographic, offensive, false, misleading, or which otherwise violates or encourages others to violate my sense of decorum and civility or any law, including intellectual property laws; or (d) “spam,” i.e., an attempt to advertise, solicit, or otherwise promote goods and services. You may, however, post a link to your site or your most recent blog post.
- You retain ownership of your comments. We do not own them and we expressly disclaim any and all liability that may result from them. By commenting on or site, you agree that you retain all ownership rights in what you post here and that you will relieve us from any and all liability that may result from those postings.
- You grant us a license to post your comments. This license is worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, and royalty-free. You grant us the right to store, use, transmit, display, publish, reproduce, and distribute your comments in any format, including but not limited to a blog, in a book, a video, or presentation.
- In short, our goal is to host interesting conversations with caring, honest, and respectful people. We believe this simple comments policy will facilitate this.