In case you missed our Google + Hangout with Peter Hubbard, author of Love Into Light: The Gospel, The Homosexual and The Church you can watch it now on YouTube. You can buy Love Into Light for the Kindle for just $3.99 through July 5.
Archive for the ‘Author News’ Category
It’s been a great month for Ambassador authors. They’re popping up on TV and radio programs as well as in the pages of magazines and newspapers. Here are a few of the interviews they’ve done during the month of May.
Dr. Hisashi Nikaidoh appeared on KJRH to talk about his new book Healing Hearts, available widely at Barnes and Noble, Mardel, Family Christian and more. His book was also featured on Doctor Radio on Sirius XM, in the May issue of Dallas Child magazine and was in the Tulsa World newspaper on May 18. Christian eBook retailer Vyrso featured Dr. Nikiadoh as their Author of the Month for May.
The Baking Beardy provided a great review of The Shamrock and Peach saying, “[it] is one of the most innovative cookbooks I’ve ever been sent to review… I thought the idea of fusing classic Northern Irish cooking with Southern cooking – particularly that which was inspired by backwoods Ulster Scots heritage – was actually a creative, interesting idea.”
Looking for the perfect Irish dessert for your St. Patrick’s Day celebration? Judith McLoughlin, author of The Shamrock and Peach: A Culinary Journey From the North of Ireland to the American South, shared her recipe for Sweet and Salty Caramel Squares in the March issue of Guideposts magazine. If you missed it, you can see the recipe by visiting Guidposts.org. Judith also tells the story of how she used her gift of hospitality to make friends and create roots when she relocated to Atlanta.
And if you’d like to round out Judith’s Sweet and Salty Caramel Squares with an entire Irish meal, check out her TV appearance from First Coast Living on WTLV in Jacksonville or pick up a copy of The Shamrock and Peach!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Greenville-based publisher Ambassador International is launching a unique book club that offers readers personal access to some of their favorite authors. Select Ambassador authors are available to attend book club meetings across the country via phone or Skype through the launch of this exciting new program.
To take part, book club leaders must feature one of the Ambassador titles from the evolving list found at ambassador-international.com/about/bookclub. Book clubs can then invite the author to be a part of an upcoming meeting by filling out a short online request form.
The author will join discussions via phone or Skype. “In addition to inviting your neighbor or your cousin to your book club you can invite the author as well,” explains Ambassador International COO Tim Lowry. “Our authors are really excited about the chance to engage on such a personal level with their readers and we think book clubs across the country will be thrilled for this unique and free opportunity.”
Both fiction and non-fiction authors are featured in the program including:
- Anna McCarthy, Forgiveness is Not an Option
- Stephen Goode, Marriage Triage
- Renee Metzler, Total Home Makeover
- Lindon and Sherry Gareis, Declutter Now
- Carrie Daws, Romancing Melody
- Will Montgomery, Lukewarm
About Ambassador International: Ambassador International was founded in 1980 in Belfast, Northern Ireland and expanded into Greenville, South Carolina in 1995. Ambassador International’s books and materials have been distributed in dozens of countries and are sold worldwide.
For more information about the Ambassador Book Club visit http://ambassador-international.com/about/bookclub. To request an interview or more information please contact publicist Alison Storm at email@example.com.
Ambassador International author Bill Renje was featured on The 700 Club this week. The Christian Broadcast Network, or CBN, shared the incredible story of how God used a bullet to redirect Bill’s path. This gold medal athlete, husband and father tells his story in the book A Chosen Bullet: A Broken Man’s Triumph Through Faith and Sports.
When alcohol destroys, God restores. That’s the theme of author Steven Sellers’ story, a testimony featured on The 700 Club on CBN-TV. If you’re interested in learning more about Steve’s story we encourage you to buy his book, The Sobering Truth: One Man’s Journey From Failure to Faith.
Today’s guest post comes from Lindon & Sherry Gareis, authors of Declutter Now! Uncovering the Hidden Joy and Freedom in Your Life. They are Christian Life Coaches and small group leaders from Glendale, AZ. They’re announcing a new initiative to take Declutter Now! into churches.
Declutter Now! tackles the clutter taking up space in many areas of life. Decluttering your heart, mind, body and soul will leave you with the time, money, energy, freedom and joy that God desires for you. Less is truly more.
Declutter Now! has ‘Gone Group’! We’re delighted to have Northern Hills Community Church in Phoenix, AZ launch an eight week book study class. Each week, a new chapter is presented and discussed. Ideas are shared, truths are revealed and hearts are inspired.
Each chapter of Declutter Now! deals with a different area of life, so we cover a considerable amount of ground. The comprehensive nature of the material is ideal for group study since there’s ‘something for everyone’. Whether you need to declutter cram-packed physical spaces, harmful relationships, unhealthy eating habits, stinkin’ thinkin’, overwhelmed kids’ schedules or an unbalanced budget, most people can relate on some level, if not many. This sets the stage for insightful and provocative conversations.
We’ve found in group environments, the nature of the dialogue not only encourages personal growth, but meaningful relationship building as well. There’s a special bonding which occurs when people speak openly about their challenges and allow their weaknesses to break through. Just this past week during the current NHCC bible study, a class member shared her embarrassment over the clutter she’s living with. Her fellow class mates offered unconditional love, support and ideas void of any judgment. The acceptance and encouragement she received gave her strength to commit to the next step of her decluttering journey. Oh how we long to see her free from the bondage she’ suffering.
Declutter Now! is more than just a book. It’s a paradigm shift; a lifestyle change. A study through Declutter Now! offers inspiration to help get you from where you are to where you want to be. Group discussion takes our ideas, practical tips and life applications to an entirely new level. Unique situations can be personally addressed, support can be extended first hand and emotional connections can take root.
We encourage you to consider Declutter Now! for both individual and group study. We’d be delighted to help you construct a plan specific to your group or organization. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
It’s been a month since the horrible shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Connecticut. Ambassador author Pat Geyer, who wrote “Chaplains of the Bible” along with her husband Richard, spent days and weeks in Newtown counseling the families impacted by the shooting. She shares her thoughts about the experience in today’s guest blog post:
It has been an extraordinarily difficult several months for the people of the Northeastern United States. Along with many other Billy Graham Rapid Response Team (RRT) chaplains, I responded to help those devastated by the record-setting Superstorm Sandy. A few weeks later, RRT chaplains were called to Newtown, Connecticut, site of the tragic school shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School. There, we ministered to family members who had lost children, and families with children who survived but were traumatized. We saw deep sorrow, shock, loss, confusion, even hopelessness. The chaplains – through prayer and compassionate understanding – were able to bring comfort and a source of hope to those who were grieving. We ministered to first responders, many of whom were struggling, and also others from the community; even people from across the U.S. and other countries who had come to grieve the loss of innocent lives. They needed the comfort that only the love of Jesus can bring.
I have a saying, “Rise up, and lean on Jesus so others can lean in on you.” We are the hands and feet of Jesus for those in
crisis. The book that my husband Dick and I wrote, “Chaplains of the Bible,” elaborates on this principle. It gives time-tested examples of men and women in the Scriptures who for the most part were ordinary people who helped people in need. The 13 chaplain role models featured in the book (especially Jesus) are becoming more relevant and real to me as I continue to be deployed with RRT. I am helping my neighbors in their great time of crisis and need through the power of the ministry of presence, effective prayer, compassionate love, and many other Biblical traits that other RRT chaplains and I lived out as we ministered in these tragedies.
The urgency of the days we live in calls all of us, whether chaplains or not, to be prepared to help others in their time of crisis. Through our book and through many other resources that are available to each of us, anyone with a heart for the hurting in our midst can find inspiration to help those in pain.
Are you interested in reading Christian Books? Just follow the authors in Pinterest! Are you eager to know all the books they wrote? Just follow the authors in Pinterest! Do you want to know their interests and lifestyle? Just follow the authors in Pinterest! You will see all the books written by them there. What is more, you will know more about your favorite authors’ interests. The following list shows the brief introduction of the authors and the Christian books published from Ambassador International.
1. Carrie Daws, Ryan’s Crossing, Crossing Values: Over the years, God rewrote Carrie’s dreams to include being a stay-at-home mom and a writer.
2. Daphne Webb, Mississippi Nights: DM Webb lives, along with her two sons and a variety of pets, in the beautiful state of Mississippi. She is an active member of American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW).
3. Holly Durst, Chocolate Socks: Holly’s love is writing children books. The idea for writing her first book came when Holly was given a gift of a box of chocolate and a pack of socks.
4. Jennifer Freitag, The Shadow Things: Jennifer Freitag writes fantasy and historical fiction from her home in South Carolina, where she lives with her husband and two cats. Her inspiration flows from writers like C.S. Lewis and Rosemary Sutcliff, both of whose works have influenced her first novel, The Shadow Things.
5. Lindon and Sherry Gareis, Declutter Now!: Lindon and Sherry Gareis, founders of Action Plan Ministries, debut their writing career with Declutter Now! They are small group leaders and certified Christian Life Coaches from Glendale, AZ with hearts that desire to serve God in a mighty way. They love being outdoors, love being together, and are committed to a lifelong honeymoon…
6. Marcy Lytle, Life is Fluid: Marcy Lytle is currently editor of two local magazines in the Austin, Texas area. She is married to Jon, and they have two children, Kamrin (who is married to Tyler) and Conner.
7. Renee Metzler, Total Home Makeover: Renee Metzler is a freelance author who lives in Central Pennsylvania with her husband, two daughters and cat. After beginning her career as a mother and home manager in 2002, and feeling “lost,” she began to research secrets to the trade of home management, and the idea of Total Home Makeover was born.
8. Steve Goode, Marriage Triage: Stephen Goode is the Pastor of Biblical Counseling and Senior Adult Ministries at Northside Baptist Church in Charlotte, North Carolina. Stephen’s burden and passion is to lead married couples and individuals into a deeper walk with Jesus Christ.
9. Shawn R. Jones, Pictures in Glass Frames: Shawn is a graduate of Rutgers University, where she began her professional writing career. She currently worships at the Resurrection Center in Delaware under the leadership of Dr. S. Todd Townsend and Dr. Cleo V. Townsend.
10. Tica Tallant, What Is Beautiful, Jazzy and the Dog Walk: Tica Tallent has been an educator in public schools for ten years- having earned a Master’s Degree and was selected “Teacher of the Year.”She has now begun a new business – “Professionally Blessed” where she shares her love of fashion and motivates women and men with wisdom for living a complete life.
And don’t forget to follow Ambassador International on Pinterest as well!