Learn more about your favorite Ambassador authors with our “5 Things” series. J.J. Fischer is the author of the historical fantasy novel, The Secret of Fire, which was released on July 13th! Check out J.J.’s five fast facts below…
1. I am crazy about chickens. While I also adore cats, I will likely be the crazy chicken lady when I am older, complete with knitted sweaters and all.
2. My favorite movie is The Last of the Mohicans. To me, this movie has it all— adventure, sweet romance, action, Daniel Day-Lewis, an incredible musical score, a perfect villain, and a (mostly) happily ever after ending.
3. I have come very close to death 3 times: in a skiing accident, in a near head-on car collision, and on the operating table.
4. I am obsessed with Disney. My favorite are Tangled and, from the oldies: Aladdin and Mulan.
5. If I could have any 5 guests to a dinner party, I believe I’d pick Taika Waititi (as Korg), Kevin McCloud, Richard Armitage, C.S. Lewis (of course), and the personified Death narrator from The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.